Paid Internship: Bay Area (Posted July 11, 2017)
The California Work & Family Coalition is a groundbreaking alliance of community organizations, unions, and non-profits protecting working together to pass new laws and promote work-family policies that help parents, caregivers, children and families thrive. We envision a world where all people have the time, resources, and support systems to care for themselves and their families and to lead meaningful, healthy, and happy lives. Our Mission is to organize communities to realize equitable, family-friendly workplaces and to expand the social safety net in California through policy, advocacy, and education.
The California Work & Family Coalition is offering a paid internship starting in August 2017. Duties will include data entry, maintaining e-mail lists and website, helping with logistics for meetings, supporting legislative campaigns, and some communications and social media promotion. An ideal candidate will be organized and a self-starter with administrative skills and an interest in work-family public policy. This internship with provide an opportunity to support working families and gain valuable experience in labor, public health, community organizing and research.
We are looking for a variable 10-20 hour per week commitment, with scheduling flexibility. The desired start time is the week of August 1, 2017 (or sooner). This is a paid internship.
- Responsible, punctual, self-directed and follows-through on assignments
- Attention to detail
- Excellent writing & communication skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive, and e-mail
- Experience with and/or interest in learning NationBuilder (website, database)
- Experience and/or interest in social media – Facebook, Twitter
- Availability to work 10-20 hours/week (schedule can be flexible)
- Experience with/interest in legislative campaigns, community organizing or related fields
- Ability to commute to Sacramento
- Potential to continue internship/interest in longer term employment
Please send a résumé and short cover letter to: Jenya Cassidy - email@example.com