From History Channel's HistoryNow: Out of 190 countries, only four do not mandate paid time off for new parents – and the U.S. is one of them. Danny Contreras, a father of 6 and member of the CA Work & Family Coalition, is using his personal experiences to draw attention to the issue.
- A Pediatrician's View of Paid Parental Leave (NPR)
- California Fails to Extend Family Leave Rights for Parents at Small Businesses (NPR)
- How California's "Paid Family Leave" Law Buys Time For New Parents (NPR)
- State Lawmakers OK Parental Leave for Small-Business Workers (San Francisco Chronicle)
- California soon could expand the state's family leave law to smaller businesses (LA Times)
- Having a California baby? Assembly passes bill seeking to protect your job (Sacramento Bee)
- New Parents Deserve Guaranteed Parental Leave (Sacramento Bee)